Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16).
- There is one God, eternally existent in 3 persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (I John 5:4-7), who is Creator and Lord of all.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinlessness, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (I Corinthians 15:3, I Peter 2:21-24, John 3:16).
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 3:21-30, Galatians 4:4-7).
- That Christians must be actively serving God, fulfilling the purpose that God has for them (Ephesians 2:10, John 15:5, Philippians 4:13).
- There is a place of eternal blessedness for the saved and a place of eternal punishment for the lost (Revelation 20:11-21:8, John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:46). We believe that Satan is a real and powerful, although defeated enemy (Job 6:1-12:25). We believe that it is the obligation of the believer to witness by deed and word to those truths and to proclaim the Gospel to all the world (Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:19-20).
Philosophy of Education
The educational process in a Christian school is dependent on a philosophy that provides a biblical worldview and essential truths for life so that children may be prepared to assume their proper place in the home, the church, and the state. Accordingly, the following is the Philosophy of Education for Elim Christian School:
Part 1 – The goal of this School is to help develop godly individuals who are usable for God’s service in His church and in the world. The ultimate authority and textbook for this process is the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. The School will focus on two areas of development.
- It proposes to develop Christ-like character in attitudes and in actions. Such character will be seen, for example, in respect for God and for each human individual, in perseverance, in submissiveness, in self-sacrifice, in cooperation, in loyalty, and in honesty.
- This School proposes to develop intellectual competence by helping each student to achieve his highest potential. This School shall strive for academic excellence, presenting studies from a Christian perspective.
Part 2 – This goal will be achieved in three ways.
- The home will be enlisted for support since the School is, in reality, only an extension of the teaching ministry of the home.
- Committed Christian teachers will exemplify the Christ-like character expected of their students. They will also display the dedication to academic excellence for which this School stands and integrate scripture into each subject taught, thereby teaching students a biblical worldview.
- The students will study educational courses in comparison with and submission to God’s Word.
The vision is based on five essential elements of a distinctly Christian education:
- Truth – Scripture is the revealed Word of God, taught as truth, and the foundation of all learning experiences;
- Intellectual Development – Students’ minds will be enlightened by the mind of Christ, integrating God’s principles with academic achievement in fulfillment of God’s unique plan for them;
- Christian Educators – ECS will have a governing body, its Board of Directors, along with administration, faculty, and staff who are committed followers of Christ, serving, teaching and leading from a biblically focused worldview;
- Potential in Christ – Every learning experience will enable students to reach their unique potential in Christ;
- Operational Integrity – The school’s day-to-day operational practices will be a consistent model of biblical integrity, stewardship, and accountability.
Utilizing these five core elements, ECS will be positioned to partner with families to train children to be godly, living in the present and facing the future with confidence, ability, integrity and a firm foundation in God’s truth. With a strong underpinning of shared values among the school, home and church, students will have a committed biblical worldview equipping them to engage the world by being exemplary citizens of the Kingdom of God.
Elim Christian School will play an integral role in shaping the godly character of the next generation to think, to work, and to relate to others, thereby influencing the world for Jesus Christ. ECS has a God-ordained opportunity to challenge and mentor students to commit every aspect of their lives to Christ.