What We Do
- Develop annual personalized goals for each student in the following areas: spiritual, academic, social, emotional and physical.
- Maintain a student/teacher ratio of no more than 7:1.
- Offer hands-on, curriculum-directed, project-based learning that leads to concrete life applications.
- Emphasize creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
- Provide a variety of learning environments – small group, one-on-one, and online – tailored to fit the appropriate physical, emotional, and academic needs of each student.
- Offer additional services on campus at additional cost as needed and as can be arranged: OT, PT, Speech Therapy, Neurosensory Training (NILD), Counseling, etc.
- Evaluate success based on mastery of concepts rather than with letter or percentage grades.
- Seek to facilitate job training and internships for older students.
- Enjoy morning worship time each day.
- Participate in service and missions projects as a whole school.
- Take frequent student-directed breaks and have a shorter school day (8:00 am-2:45 pm).
- Go on frequent field trips tied to curriculum and service objectives.
What We Don’t Do
*A student may occasionally have work to complete at home in preparation for assessments/tests or if teachers feel they have not worked diligently on a particular task at school.