What makes Elim different?
What We Do
- In collaboration with parents, develop annual personalized goals for each student (based on our Expected Student Outcomes) considering the whole child: spiritual, academic, social, emotional and physical.
- Have student/teacher ratio of no more than 7:1.
- Offer hands-on, curriculum-directed, project-based learning that leads to concrete life applications.
- Encourage creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
- Use a variety of learning environments – small group, one-on-one, and online – based on the needs of each student.
- Facilitate arrangement of additional services and therapies on campus as needed.
- Measure success based on mastery of concepts rather than with letter or percentage grades.
- Facilitate job training and internships for older students.
- Enjoy morning worship time each day.
- Take on service and missions projects as a whole school.
- Take frequent student-directed breaks.
- Enjoy frequent field trips tied to curriculum and service objectives.
- Minimal homework!
Expected Student Outcomes
Upon graduation from Elim Christian School, each student will, with God’s help and their unique giftedness…
- Spiritual: Love and Obey God
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
- Emotional: Be confident in who God made you to be
You are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good work.
- Academic: Work hard
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
- Physical: Take good care of your body
I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- Social: Love and Serve Others
What does God require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Love your neighbor as yourself.